All Autumn 2020 BU Careers/Recruitment Fairs will be held online.
Please email to register your interest or receive more information:
Overview of Events (with more information on each available in the main menu):
Part-Time & Volunteering Jobs Fair,
[Including remote working opportunities]
Wednesday 23rd September 2020
1,156 students joined us at the last on-campus Fair, to meet 25 organisations, where seasonal roles and long term opportunities were promoted and secured. Any sector welcome. In the past roles have tended to be in the Bournemouth area, but with more employers and students comfortable with remote working they could be nationwide.
Graduate & Placements Careers Fair,
Week commencing 19th October as the showpiece event of 'Your Career Week'
The Fair will take place either Monday & Tuesday or Tuesday & Wednesday (to be confirmed in July).
For Placements, Graduate jobs and Internships across all sectors.
70 organisations and 2,000+ students have attended for three consecutive years, but by being held virtually this number would be increased significantly.
Nursing, Health and Social Sciences Careers Fair,
Wednesday 25th November
In November 2019 this event replaced the old 'Nursing Fair' and 'OT Fairs', transforming them into something much larger and more productive for exhibitors and students.
Three branches of Nursing (Mental Health, Adult, Children & Young People), Occupational Therapy, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Social Work, Operating Department Practice, Nutrition, Health Psychology, Paramedic Science, Sociology, and Psychology.
Spring Recruitment Fair, March 2021
For Placements, Graduate Jobs and Summer Internships across all sectors.
In 2019 40 organisations met with 951 students.
In January 2021 we will decide if this will be online in line with the other fairs above, or on campus.
Other ways of connecting with students on campus, working alongside the Careers & Employability Service:
Global Talent Programme:
- This award winning extracurricular programme is designed with employers to help our students discover and demonstrate their potential to work in a truly global way. We work with employers to identify skills gaps, deliver workshops, organise visits and work-based challenges.
- Throughout the academic year organisations have the opportunity to co-present careers webinars, alongside our Careers Advisers or other industry experts as you prefer. These give you an opportunity to develop links with the university whilst helping to forge the next generation of graduate talent.
- Core Sessions run September to December and are open to all students.
- Bespoke Sessions to aid your recruitment drive with specific cohorts can be co-design and delivered from January to July.
- Topics covered include:
- Planning a Career in xyz Sector.
- Interview Techniques and Speed Interviews.
- Mock Assessment Centres & Success Advice
- Personal Branding.
- Portfolio Reviews.
- Graduate Bootcamps
If you have any questions, or want to register your interest in any of the above events or programmes, please email us.
Robert Coldwell & Sara Orford
BU Graduate & Student Employer Liaison Team
Recruit@bournemouth.ac.uk 01202 961 661
Bournemouth University Careers & Employability Service