Nursing, Health & Social Sciences Careers Fair (An Exhibition of Opportunities)
Open for bookings late August.
Please register your interest via: email@example.com
Robert Coldwell & Sara Orford, BU Graduate & Student Employer Liaison Team
This online Fair is being organised to allow NHS Trusts and other recruiters across the country to connect with BU students and recent graduates. This event will be free to NHS Trusts and other non-profit organisations.
As with previous events it will be relevant for student from these courses:
Three branches of Nursing (Mental Health, Adult, Children & Young People), Occupational Therapy, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Social Work, Operating Department Practice, Nutrition, Health Psychology, Paramedic Science, Sociology, and Psychology.
You might also be interested in our Part-Time & Remote Working Jobs Fair 23/09/2020.
How will the November Fair be organised?:
Employers can showcase their organisation and opportunities to students on the day of the event, and for several weeks afterwards if they wish.
- The Booking Form will be on this site, or emailed to you if you are on our expressions of interest list.
- On that form you will be able to tell us about the organisation and roles on offer; wage range, application procedure, timelines, with links if the role is ‘live’ etc. The form will guide you through this.
- The form will also capture who you want to employ; courses, levels of experience etc.
We can email specialist opportunities to relevant cohorts and academics for you.
- You can chose how students contact you during the day of the event; phone, email, joining a scheduled Zoom webinar, 1:1 Skype call etc. as you prefer.
- You dictate how long these line of communications are open for, for example strictly 11:00 – 15:00 on the day of the Fair, or for weeks afterwards from 9-5. We can easily remove your details once you have reached enough candidates.
- The Fair will be promoted to all students, so fantastic for 'brand' awareness as well us fulfilling recruitment needs.
Based on the above procedure, on the day of the Fair, and for several weeks afterwards if you wish, students will see something along these lines for each employer:
Organisation: NHS Trust Example
Roles: Nursing (Mental Health, Adult, Children & Young People), Occupational Therapy, and Midwifery.
Vacancies: Multiple across all disciplines
Wage: £22,000 - £30,000 per year depending on the role and level of experience.
How to apply: Application forms are available online until xx/10/2020 via: example.co.uk
How to contact us: Final year students from relevant courses please phone us today or tomorrow on 01202..., from 10:00 to 16:00, to find out how to be best placed to secure these fantastic opportunities.
Webinar: We have a Zoom Webinar at 14:00 on the day of the Fair: Click to Join
Hear more about life working in our Trust and why we could be perfect for you, and ask questions in the chat function. Open to students from all relevant course and all year groups.
Organisation: MH Prison Service Example
Roles: Paramedic Science, Sociology, Psychology, Nursing.
Location: Central London.
Open to: Final year students from relevant courses.
How to apply: Application will open in January via: example.co.uk
How to contact us: Call us today only on 01202..., from 10:00 to 16:00, to find out how to be best placed to secure the opportunities when they open for application in the new year.
Webinar: Students from all year groups and courses can join us for a webinar today at 15:00 to learn more about working at HMP Example, and how we can help you launch your career.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and either Robert Coldwell or Sara Orford will call you.
Employer comments from our previous events:
"We have employed students from Bournemouth previously and would encourage more to apply. Students demonstrated commitment and good communication skills" - Guys & St Thomas NHS Trust
"... All students presented themselves in an articulate, mature and professional manner. We have previously employed students from BU and have been pleased with their performance..." - Agincare
"...Good skills, keen to travel and open to a variety of opportunities..." - BUPA UK
"...Very polite, presentable, warm group of students who will make excellent nurses..." - Royal Free London
"...Very pleasant and enthusiastic students..." - Salisbury NHS Trust
"...Students are very motivated, interested and proactive..." - Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust