BU Spring Recruitment Fair - Thursday 19/03/2020 - Cancelled
This event was for graduate roles, sandwich placements, and summer jobs/internships.
We were at 100% capacity, with 45 employers confirmed, but following developments regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) we cancelled the event. Please click on the Homepage for our online services.
In March 2019 we welcomed 40 organisations on to campus to this new 'SME friendly' event.
951 students joined them for a very successful pilot, with opportunities shared and the organisations learning more about the student's skills and course content.
All sectors welcome, last year opportunities included: IT, Business & Finance, Marketing, Teaching, Law, Healthcare and Social Sciences, Management, Events, Tourism, Design Engineering, Sciences, and more.
Feedback from 2019:
- 'Very employable students. Lots of Interest. Great event'
- 'Good knowledge of their field and decent communication skills to engage with us.On the whole we were impressed with the students. They possess good knowledge and an eagerness to up-skill themselves.'
- 'I feel very confident that we have met people today that we could employ on Placements or Graduate roles, lots of strong candidates'.
Costs: £100+VAT (£50+VAT for non-profit making organisations promoting paid roles).
- Any sector, and for large organisations and especially local SMEs.
- Jobs should be ‘live’ or open for applications March - July.
- Paid professional ‘direct entry’ graduate level roles, Graduate or Placement Schemes and Paid Summer Internships.
- All jobs should be Career related.
- Not sure what courses we have at BU?: Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- You can tell us on the Booking Form which activity you prefer, for us to then inform the students.
- You’ll also be able to tell us the courses you want to meet students from, and we’ll invite them to meet you.
- Exhibitors encouraged to focus on CV Checks, Portfolio Reviews, or Speed Interviews, etc. so all students leave with advice to help them move forwards, and the organisations can talent spot.
- This particular fair is not for part-time roles that are not course related, we have a Part-Time Jobs Fair in October for those opportunities.
Don't forget, all live jobs can be promoted through this website. We average over 200,000 job views per year, and all c17,000 students (and graduates for three years) have access to the platform.
The Homepage explains this in more detail.
Robert Coldwell & Sara Orford
BU Graduate & Student Employer Liaison Team
Recruit@bournemouth.ac.uk 01202 961 661
Bournemouth University Careers Centre, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB