On campus and online recruitment/advice activity
As well as using the free jobs board there are many other ways to connect to our students.
Various options are described below, but we are of course happy to discuss your ideas.
A) RECRUITMENT STANDS - November to May (avoiding vacation periods)
We are happy for employers to come on to campus individually or in small groups to promote live or upcoming roles.
Please contact us to arrange to have a stand at a time that suits your recruitment timetable.
To support your visit we will:
- Provide a space, and tables and chairs, on the main concourse of our Talbot Campus or in our Bournemouth Gateway Building (where Healthcare students are based).
- Help identify when your target cohorts will be on campus (Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually best).
- Promote the visit before and during via all relevant comms channels.
- Arrange on campus parking, and greet you and help set up your table/stand up on the day.
- Investigate whether you can join the end of a lecture for a short time (please noted that this is much more difficult to arrange and is impossible for some courses).
To maximise your visit we suggest:
- Two/three weeks’ notice, with three preferred, to help with administration and promotions.
- That you bring pull-up banners and/or leaflets. We cannot provide printing services or allow posters to be placed around campus.
- You collect expressions of interest on the day, providing the details are used for recruitment purposes, not selling products or services.
Please take time to consider who will be attending; students are often keen to speak to staff who are relatively new to your organisation, not just those in senior positions, and are appreciative of seeing a diverse range of staff attending the university. Bournemouth University graduates working for your organisation are always welcome to return in this capacity, as it offers students a clear example of how they can progress from being our student to your employee.
B) WEBINARS - September - June
1) Our Online Careers Advice/Skills Sessions
Open to students from all courses and year groups, covering:
- General employability topics: 'Acing a Virtual Interviews', 'Professional Presence on Social Media' , 'Maximising Your Work Experience.'
- Sector specific panel events, e.g. 'Jobs in Communications', 'Careers in Life & Environmental Sciences', ‘Demystifying Careers In Accounting and Finance’
- Themed events, e.g. 'Retaining Talent in Dorset', 'Cyber Security in the Workplace', 'Sustainability for your Future Career'
Suitable for organisations who are looking to employ or give advice to students from a wide range of courses.
These are hosted by Careers Advisers, with external guest speakers presenting individually or as part of a panel.
2) Your Online Recruitment/Advice Sessions
We are of course happy to promote your recruitment/advice webinars throughout the year.
Three week's notice is ideal. Promoted to your chosen courses and year group/s.
- Recruitment events (for placement students and/or final year students).
- Virtual Assessment Centres.
- Open Days/Virtual Tours/Learn about roles within the company/sector.
- ‘Women in STEM Careers’ or other themed sessions.
3) CAREERS FAIRS - Autumn 2022
Our careers fairs where online in 2020 and 2021, but we are looking forward to inviting you back onto campus in October and November 2022. Rather than returning to the old format of large one-day events, we will be hosting each event over several days.Information on individual Jobs Fairs can be seen from the menu on the left of the screen.
More news and booking information to follow in the summer.
- Part-time Jobs Fair
5 October 2022
Potentially limited to 15 Employers.
We can extend the event over two or three days to accommodate more employers.
- Annual Careers Fair
18,19 and 20 October 2022.
Potentially limited to 15 employers per day.
- Nursing, Health & Social Care Careers Fair
15, 16, 17 November 2022
5 employers per day, over 3/4/5 days as demand dictates.
- Spring/Summer Student & Graduate Jobs Fair
Date and number of days to be decided after reviewing the autumn 2022 fairs.
Please return to this page in late June to book your place on one or more of these events.
If you have any questions, or want to register your interest in any of the above events or programmes, please email us.
Robert Coldwell & Sara Orford
BU Graduate & Student Employer Liaison Team
Recruit@bournemouth.ac.uk 01202 961 661
Bournemouth University Careers & Employability Service