We are please to announce that 47 organisations and 900+ students joined us.
This page will be updated in due course.
BU Annual Careers Fair - Online Edition.
A FREE and Flexible Online Recruitment Event.
Tuesday 20th & Wednesday 21st October 2020.
11:00 - 15:00 suggested for one or either day.
Exhibit to share, support, headhunt, or collect interest.
Free to exhibit your opportunities (live or upcoming):
Graduate Level - for final year students to apply for now to start summer 2021.
Or for recent graduates to start asap.
Placements - 15-30 weeks for students to undertake between Second and Final Years.
Volunteering and Paid Part-Time work - roles that are career related, for students from any course or year group to start immediately. Volunteering must be UK based.
+ Remote Working.
Use the event to: share opportunities and offer support, or filter for candidates/headhunt, or gather expressions of interest. As you prefer, and at your own level of commitment and using your chosen communication methods.
Open to any sector (but we do have a dedicated Nursing, Health and Social Sciences Careers Fair, 25/11/2020)
The Booking Form from the link above will walk you through the process and collect the information we share with students prior to the event and on the day.
Below you can see: recent exhibitors, sectors represented, average attendance, how the Fair will be organised (from bookings to on-the-day), what the students will see, and feedback from a 23/09 Online Fair.
For the first time our showcase event will be held online, meaning you will be able to connect with a wider range of students to raise awareness of your vacancies and organisation, whilst saving costs on travel and accommodation.
- This event is open to all BU Students and recent Graduates (up to three years after graduating).
- It is open to all sectors, and SMEs or national/international organisations.
- 70 organisations and 2,000+ students attended for three consecutive years.
- Information can stay 'live' for one month after the event, if you wish.
- 3-4 hour commitment on one or both days suggested, but more or less as you prefer.
- Connect with students via the method you prefer, and share links, blogs, application forms, recorded content, and host your own webinar the following week/month.
- This showcase event is a wonderful opportunity to fulfil your recruitment needs or raise your profile with our c17,000 strong student population, alumni community, staff, partners, and wider ‘friends of BU’ network. It forms the main event in #YourCareerWeek2020 which will be promoted heavily to students throughout October.
Recent exhibitors have included:
BMW, Lenovo, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HMRC, Intel, RateMyPlacement, NHS, Take-Two Interactive Software Europe, WPP, Xerox and a large range of small/medium sized companies from Dorset, London and beyond.
Sectors usually represented:
Business & Finance, Engineering & Product Design, IT (including Data and Cyber), HR, Advertising, Marketing & Media (including Film and Animation), Sciences (including Forensic and Life Sciences), Psychology and Sociology, Law and more.
Course information for context: Postgraduate & Undergraduate
How will the Fair be organised?:
Think of the Fair as an 'Exhibition Of Opportunities', where you can showcase your organisation and live or upcoming vacancies to students. In return we are asking for students to have a 'window of opportunity' to connect with you for several hours on one or two days.
- On the Booking Form you will be able to tell us about the organisation and roles on offer; wage range, application procedure, timelines, with links if the role is ‘live’ etc.
The form will guide you through this, and one of our staff transfers/edits the text so don't worry about it being automatically uploaded to our platform.
- You can choose how students contact you during the day/s of the event; email, phone, Zoom/Skype 1:1 etc. as you prefer.
- You dictate how long these line of communications are open for, for example strictly 11:00 – 15:00 on one day of the Fair, or for weeks afterwards from 9-5. We can easily remove your details once you have reached enough candidates.
Be as involved on the day/s as your schedule allows. Simply use the Fair/s as an 'Exhibition of Opportunities' and offer an hour or two via a hotline or email address for questions, or lock communications to 1:1 Zoom Interviews the following week only if CVs/tasks/portfolios emailed to you spark your interest.
- If you would like the roles to be promoted before 20/10 please add them to this Jobs Portal, as described on the Homepage.
- The Fair will be promoted to all students, but we will also work closely with academics to promote your participation with the cohorts you most want to recruit.
Based on the above procedure, on the days of the Fair (and for several weeks afterwards if you wish) students will see something like [but much more attractive] for each employer....
Organisation: IT Company ABC.
Role: Software Engineer - Cyber Security
Wage: £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
Location: London, but remote working is an option.
Open to: Final year students proficient in these programmes: x,y and z.
How to apply: Application forms are available online until xx/11/2020 via: example.co.uk
How to contact us: Please apply this week, but if you want to ask us any questions, or talk to us to demonstrate why you would be a great candidate, please email us via example@example, and include your CV and/or LinkedIn profile along with any questions. or call us on 01111 111 111 on Tuesday or Wednesday, 11:00 - 15:00.
More about us and the role: We employ several BU students every year and would love for you to join us.
We have been in operation for 15 years, and we like to employ students who are confident in the IT systems listed above but just as importantly you should be......
We can also include: links to videos (corporate or informal ones created on an iPhone specifically for this event), career blogs, quotes from an BU Alumni you have working for you, logos, photographs of the working environment, sustainability or inclusivity impact statements/awards and more.
Feedback on our 23/09 'Online Part-Time & Volunteering Jobs Fair' that was organised in the same manner:
1) 'The process to sign up for this event was simple and easy and was wonderfully supported.'
2) 'Successful interviews held on the day, with others pending. All student correspondence was very professional'.
3) 'I thought the organisation for the Job Fair was amazing, we were one of the later companies to join I think as we only enrolled last Thursday, however everything ran smoothly,
I think it is a credit to yourself and your support team it ran the way it did, from our side, to be able to enquire about possible candidates, attend a Job Fair and come away with applicants all within one week is incredible.
I fully appreciate it is best to attend a Jobs Fair in person, however this came a very close second for me, I don’t believe we missed out on any potential candidates and my belief is that we can give students more dedicated time this way than we could in a traditional fair, as sometimes if you have multiple people interested you can find you rush things to get through everyone.'
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and either Robert or Sara will be in touch.
Robert Coldwell & Sara Orford
Graduate & Student Employer Liaison Team
Bournemouth University Careers & Employability Service
01202 961 661