MyCareerHub Terms & Conditions of use
In order to advertise on MyCareerHub employers are required to register with Bournemouth University using online registration. Once registered and approved you will be sent a login username and password by email. By registering you are accepting these terms and conditions.
You can submit placement or job opportunities free of charge, subject to the job description adhering to our guidelines (see Advertising Guidelines). All advertisements are only available to Bournemouth University students and graduates.
You can advertise:
- Full or part time jobs that meet at least national minimum wage
- Placement or internships (paid or unpaid)
- Vacation/temporary work
What we don't advertise:
- Commission only jobs - if you have a post with OTE, you must state the basic salary.
- Pyramid selling schemes.
- Self-employed opportunities
- Applications to a personal email account such as @hotmail.co.uk, if the job has an application process via email, the email address needs to be a business one.
- Any opportunity that asks for an up front payment from candidates.
- Unpaid overseas gap year opportunities.
- Positions for students to share academic material or study notes.
- Advertisements that contain premium rate telephone numbers.
- Vacancies for individuals/Au Pairs based in private homes unless placed by a registered agency.
- Multiple postings for a single vacancy.
- Registering with recruitment agencies
- Vacancies that Bournemouth University believes to be in breach of (or potentially in breach of) any aspect of UK employment legislation.
- Unpaid graduate vacancies, including internships.
We welcome opportunities from recruitment agencies and will advertise graduate and other vacancies free of charge. Adverts are accepted subject to our usual terms and conditions, but in addition we require you to name your client to ensure the advert is for a specific role.
Information we collect as you browse our website
The MyCareerHub website automatically collects anonymous information which is used to improve the content of our web pages. We never sell, rent or share any of the information we collect by this method with any third party. This information is collected via server logs, which record IP addresses, demographic data, browsing patterns and is used to aid our strategic development, inform our marketing activity and audit usage of our website.
The MyCareerHub website may set cookies to customise web page content based on your browser type, IP address or other anonymous information.
We have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information we have collected from you. These security measures include the necessary protection to prevent, as far as possible, access to our databases by parties other than MyCareerHub.
How we use the information you submit to us
If you submit job vacancy details online, or by any other means of contact, you will be asked to provide personal and/or business information. We will use this information to provide you with our vacancy advertising service and to contact you when necessary.
Your personal data may be shared with other departments within Bournemouth University. You may be contacted by these departments unless you tell us otherwise.
We will use any information you provide for internal monitoring to aid our strategic development and inform our marketing activity. By submitting vacancy information to MyCareerHub you agree that your business details (not personal information) will be added to an online database that can be searched by jobseekers.
MyCareerHub will hold your email address on its systems for as long as you remain a registered user of the vacancies database. You may unsubscribe or change your email alerts preferences at any time at MyCareerHub.
This policy may be amended from time to time, please ensure you review it regularly. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
All vacancies must be approved by a member of the Placements and Careers team at Bournemouth University. The approval is based on a 48 hour turnaround though please note that some placements, especially technical ones, need to be approved by an academic placement tutor and this may take longer.