Santander / Bournemouth University Internship Scheme 2019/20
Santander / Bournemouth University Internship Programme 2019/20
4-8 week MATCH-FUNDED internships within SMEs.
We are pleased to announce that this collaboration between our university, Santander Universities UK, and SMEs, is once again available.
The programme was relaunched in November 2019, with the aim that all students will have confirmed their internship by 26th June 2020, and competed it by 30th September 2020.
The scheme will provide funded 4-8 week internships within SME companies.
Please contact: email@example.com or 01202 961 661 if you require any further information.
Please take the time to read Santander’s full terms and conditions of the scheme: https://talent.santander.co.uk/santander-universities-sme-internship-programme
The awards will be based on the following criteria:
- Applications are invited from final year or Masters BU students.
- The internships will be for a duration of between 4 and 8 weeks with the intern working on a full-time or part-time basis. Full time positions are based on a 35-hour week.
- Each intern under the Programme shall be paid a minimum of £315 per week based on a 35-hour week (unless located within the boroughs of Greater London see Santander’s terms and conditions below for details).
- Santander Universities will contribute up to a maximum of £1,260. Internships between 4 and 8 weeks will be part-funded by Santander at a rate of £157.50 per week to a maximum of £1,260, to be matched by the SME; these internships will not be fully funded by Santander at any point. The hours agreed between the student / university / business can be spread along the year, but always in line with the criteria outlined in Santander’s terms and conditions below).
- The successful intern undertaking 8 weeks will receive 2 x £630 grants directly from BU starting four weeks in arrears of the commencement of the internship.
How to promote the role:
- Register your organisation and upload your job to this site.
- Please add ‘Santander Internship Programme’ at the beginning of the Job Title.
- BU will collate any CV’s and forward to the employer to complete their normal recruitment process.
- Once a student is successful, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org including the student’s details in order to issue T&C documentation and the payment process.
- Each employer can offer a maximum of two internships per scheme.
- Each student can only complete one internship per scheme.
- On completion of the internship, an evaluation form will need to be completed by both the intern and the SME.
BU Graduate & Student Employer Liaison Team
01202 9 61661/3