Welcome to Bournemouth University's free to use Jobs Board and information pages.
If you are looking to recruit brilliant, hard-working, creative and professional students and/or graduates you have come to the correct place.
Below is a guide to:
- FREE use of this Jobs Portal.
- FREE promotion of Webinars and other events to recruit/advise our students.
- FREE on-campus Careers/Jobs Fairs
- FREE on-campus Recruitment Stands
- + Links to our extensive portfolio of courses for context.
Please do get in touch to tell us your aims and objectives and we’ll work out how we can help you meet them: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Using this Jobs Portal:
You can use this site to recruit final year students and recent graduates for local, national or international opportunities, or students for Placements (short or for a 'Sandwich year'), part-time roles, and remote working opportunities.
- Please register your organisation, from the top of the left hand menu.
If you notice that your organisation have previously registered and you would like to be added as a contact, please email email@example.com where we will be pleased to make the necessary arrangements for you.
- There is no charge to register or advertise your roles on this site, which gains more than 200,000 views on average per year from students and recent graduates.
- Registration Information: The contact information you provide is for the use within this system and student/graduate recruitment only, you will not be entered into other university data systems or mailing lists.
- Placement Coordinators (PCs) work within each faculty and can assist with your Placement queries:
Click here for PC contact details
Further guidance on Placements can be seen from this page
Please note that Kickstarter roles cannot be advertised on this portal, as students can't apply for them.
Graduates can, but will be given the chance to apply via their local job centre, not via other platforms such as ours.
1) Wage - Please include a wage range, as being transparent builds trust with this target audience.
2) Deadlines - Students often wait for the deadline date to apply, so better to have it set early and extend than wonder why no one is applying early. Or, clearly state that the job will close when the correct number/quality of applications is reached and that students should apply asap.
3) Inclusive Recruitment - To attract a wide range of students to apply for your roles please consider including text to support your aims... "We welcome applications from students from all courses, backgrounds and walks of life, and would particularly encourage more xyz to apply." or words to that effect.
4) 'Remote Working Opportunity' please add that wording at the start of the Job Title when relevant.
5) Please also read our Terms and Conditions before posting your vacancy.
2) Careers/Jobs Fairs - Free for 2022
Our careers fairs where online in 2020 and 2021, but we are looking forward to inviting you back onto campus in October and November 2022. Rather than returning to the old format of large one-day events, we will be hosting each event over several days.
Information on individual Jobs Fairs can be seen from the menu on the left of the screen.
More news and booking information to follow in the summer.
- Part-time Jobs Fair
5 October 2022
We can extend the event over two or three days to accommodate more employers.
- Annual Student & Graduate Jobs Fair
18,19 and 20 October 2022.
Potentially limited to 15 employers per day. Attend one day only.
- Nursing, Health & Social Care Careers Fair
15, 16, 17 November 2022
5 employers per day. Attend one day only.
- Spring/Summer Student & Graduate Jobs Fair
March 2023. Date and number of days to be decided after reviewing the autumn 2022 fairs.
Please return to this page in late June to book your place on one or more of these events.
3) FREE Recruitment Stands - November to Mid-May
We are open again for employers to come on to campus individually or in small groups, rather than for careers fairs.
Visit as suits your recruitment timetable, for the day or afternoon, with two/three week's notice preferred to organise and fully promote your attendance.
We'll provide a space, and tables and chairs, on the main concourse of our Talbot Campus, and a table inside the SUBU Students’ Union Building. You do not have to staff both areas, we suggest being outside and using the inside space for leaflets or a back-up in case of rain.
If you are recruiting Nursing or other Healthcare students you will instead be invited to set up a stand in the new Bournemouth Gateway Building on our Lansdowne campus.
Please take time to consider who will be attending; students are often keen to speak to staff who are relatively new to your organisation, not just those in senior positions, and are appreciative of seeing a diverse range of staff attending the university. Bournemouth University graduates working for your organisation are always welcome to return in this capacity, as it offers students a clear example of how they can progress from being our student to your employee.
4) Webinars, Workshops and our Extra-Curricular Employability Programme
A variety of sessions are organised to help you recruit, impart knowledge, and share professional experiences.
You can co-host our sessions, or we can promote your events.
Discover more from here
5) Course portfolio for context:
Course Information: Postgraduate | Undergraduate | Continuing Professional Development and Training
By Faculty: BU Business School | Science & Technology | Health & Social Science | Media & Communication