Welcome to Bournemouth University's free to use Jobs Board and information pages.
If you are looking to recruit brilliant, hard-working, creative and professional students and/or graduates you have come to the correct place.
Below is a guide to:
- FREE use of this Jobs Portal
- FREE on-campus Careers/Jobs Fairs
- FREE Recruitment Stands - November to May
- + Links to our extensive portfolio of courses for context.
Please do get in touch to tell us your aims and objectives and we’ll work out how we can help you meet them: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Using this Jobs Portal:
You can use this site to recruit final year students and recent graduates for local, national or international opportunities, or current students for Placements (short or for a 'Sandwich year'), part-time roles, and remote working opportunities.
- Please register your organisation, from the top of the left hand menu.
If you notice that your organisation have previously registered and you would like to be added as a contact, please email email@example.com where we will be pleased to make the necessary arrangements for you.
- There is no charge to register or advertise your roles on this site, which gains more than 200,000 views on average per year from students and recent graduates.
- Registration Information: The contact information you provide is for the use within this system and student/graduate recruitment only, you will not be entered into other university data systems or mailing lists.
- Placement Coordinators (PCs) work within each faculty and can assist with your Placement queries:
Click here for PC contact details
Further guidance on Placements can be seen from this page
Please note that Kickstarter roles cannot be advertised on this portal, as students can't apply for them.
Graduates can, but will be given the chance to apply via their local job centre, not via other platforms such as ours.
1) Wage - Please include a wage range, as being transparent builds trust with this target audience.
2) Deadlines - Students often wait for the deadline date to apply, so better to have it set early and extend than wonder why no one is applying early. Or, clearly state that the job will close when the correct number/quality of applications is reached and that students should apply asap.
3) Inclusive Recruitment - To attract a wide range of students to apply for your roles please consider including text to support your aims... "We welcome applications from students from all courses, backgrounds and walks of life, and would particularly encourage more xyz to apply." or words to that effect.
4) 'Remote Working Opportunity' please add that wording at the start of the Job Title when relevant.
5) Please also read our Terms and Conditions before posting your vacancy.
2) Careers/Jobs Fairs
Please register interest in future events via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part-Time Jobs Fair - October 2023 tbc
- Annual Student & Graduate Jobs Fair - October 2023 tbc
- Nursing, Health & Social Care Careers Fair - November 2023 tbc
- Spring/Summer Jobs Fair - March 2024 tbc
3) FREE Recruitment Stands - November to Mid-May
Visit as suits your recruitment timetable, for the day or afternoon, with two/three week's notice preferred to organise and fully promote your attendance.
If you are recruiting Nursing or other Healthcare students you will instead be invited to set up a stand in the new Bournemouth Gateway Building on our Lansdowne campus.
Please take time to consider who will be attending; students are often keen to speak to staff who are relatively new to your organisation, not just those in senior positions, and are appreciative of seeing a diverse range of staff attending the university. Bournemouth University graduates working for your organisation are always welcome to return in this capacity, as it offers students a clear example of how they can progress from being our student to your employee.
4) Webinars, Workshops and our Extra-Curricular Employability Programme
A variety of sessions are organised to help you recruit, impart knowledge, and share professional experiences.
You can co-host our sessions, or we can promote your events.
Discover more from here
5) Course portfolio for context:
Course Information: Postgraduate | Undergraduate | Continuing Professional Development and Training
By Faculty: BU Business School | Science & Technology | Health & Social Science | Media & Communication